Sunday, July 13, 2008

I Likey Bikey!

Thank goodness for small miracle. The no running thing had been getting me down. But thanks to good friends and good neighbors (and a super nice brother), I have been educated on how to do this whole biking thing and I have equipment. My dream is to get my own bike, but at least I have a much needed excuse when necessary (but really the bike Kenny let's me use rocks). Check out some pictures from our ride on Saturday...50 MILES...my new all time high.

I am not a thrill seeker and hills scare me. I am hiding my fear under this fake smile. Notice my hand is right by that break.
The final couple of miles.



I rode my first 50 miler bike ride on Saturday. I am loving the fact I can once again get a challenging workout since I have been out from the running scene. I am definitely the weakest link but am so grateful they are all willing to have me along for the ride. The two guys on the end have been my local running buddies the past year (when I want my butt kicked). Frank and Vicente and Laura (to my right) are all headed to Lake Placid this Saturday for their first Ironman! Good luck guys!




Frank, Silke, Heather, Eric, Laura, Neil and Vicente getting ready to take off to the hills
Frank flying down one of the many hills
Laura looking great. I couldn't keep up with her as hard as I tried.
Half way fuel break. Note to self: Fig Newtons Rock! Pack next time. Thanks Silke for sharing.
Neil was nice enough to hang with me during my mid mile suffering. I was looking for an advil to ease my pain. He kept us at a great pace and took my mind off biking as we chatted.




No comments: