Saturday, July 19, 2008

Running with Erin

Ahhh! I ran with Erin today in the mid-day 95 degree heat. Yes, we are crazy. I knew she had some miles to run since she is training for the North Face Challenge 50 miler in Sept. I offered her 5 miles (the most I have run in the past 14 weeks is a 3 miler)! The run (as always) went by super fast (not that I ran fast...)! We were sweltering in the heat and the hills about did me in...but man it felt good to be out there!

I hadn't realized the amount of hills at Battlefield! You don't notice when you are in good shape. Last time I ran at the Battlefield, I was deep in my Boston Marathon training. Each hill today was a mountain. Luckily, Erin was easy on me and let me walk a few times.

But the key to running (or anything you set your mind on), is not to give up. There will be times in your life you are at your best. And there will be times you are at your worst. The goal is to never give up! Reach for your dreams. Make them come true...even if it might be hard. Hard is what makes it worth it. Hard is what makes us stronger. Hard is what puts us above those that take the easy road.

I love running...

No comments: