Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Running Again...

I have attempted running again. I have been sneaking in a few runs a week after doctor's orders of no running for 6-8 weeks (I actually waited 12). The good news is the fact it doesn't hurt while I am running (but many other parts of my body do) but after a few hours it does feel sore. Since I am getting a cast (crutches and all) next month, I figured a few runs won't make things worse. In fact, it might help my overall well being and that is quite important in my book.

I just got home from a 3 miler. I was thrilled to finally average 8:58 minute miles (I have been trying to get under 9). I am feeling stronger and no pain in the heel.

So if there are any of you out there who are thinking about getting back into running and are fearing the tough few weeks you might encounter, I am on your side. You just need to do it and you will achieve it. I am there right with you.

No comments: