Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Remember...

I was looking at the picture of all of you at last year's Marine Corp Marathon! It seems like yesterday we were watching you all line up with the thousands and thousands of excited runners ready to take on this most thrilling journey.

I remember holding that blasted bat balloon and then quickly giving it to a little boy in a stroller (Ha! Now the Mom had to deal with it). I remember running down I-66 thanks to Diane's fabulous sense of spectator direction. I remember seeing you all at mile 4 with huge smiles on your faces and enough energy to keep you going strong another 22.2 miles. I remember standing in a long line at Starbucks, not for coffee but the bathroom! And then I remember the masses of people (supporters) trying to navigate their way through the underground Metro in hopes of getting to places to see and cheer those they loved. We did that, a few times and survived! And then I remember seeing faces that were hurting a bit but were strong. I remember the dedication and the drive to finish what you had all trained your body to accomplish. Remembering the joy radiating from your faces as you all gathered around together to share each of your marathon story, made me proud. My friends, doing something that most will never do...Something that was never said would be easy...but always Worth it.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! And hats off to those that will be supporting...

No comments: