Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Got Our Sham-ROCKED On!

We had another ROCKIN' year at the Shamrock 8k/Half/Full Marathon!
(we missed those that couldn't make it this year)

There were plenty of laughs to go around...
One totally cute baby on hand...
And his Dad who rocked his own 8k...
And his mother who rocked a PR on her half...months after having the above stated cute baby Will!

One very creepy looking Ronald McDonald
(but creepy or not, he was giving out free salads...and no Mary, I didn't get around to eating it...I was full from the M&M's I had been eating all weekend)

Dean came away with a PR...with minimal training
...I call that totally unfair!
Liz ran an enjoyable race, loving the fact she only had to run half of the course this year!
Diane ran/walked the half with an injured knee in honor of her dear assistant who tragically passed away this week.
...Diane wasn't' feeling well either. Here she is snuggling in my coat at dinner...
(thanks for letting us crash your hotel room)


Jenny and Brad upstaged everyone with two huge PR's. Was it the hobo wear he was sporting before the race that gave him his edge?...at least it wasn't two cheesy garbage bags...or a red Bank of America fleece headband!
And I guess Brad will be known as the Shamrock Princess from here to ever after...
(ask to see photos from after party)
Jenny is still the Queen though...


Kimmy ran the 8k on Saturday where she left her long lost friend in her dust. BFFs!?
Jamie went for the 3 week taper plan and with a body well rested, he ran a super
Marathon! Congrats to both of you!
And grateful was I to Kimmy for letting me use her half marathon bib!
These three ladies bunked with Diane this year. Diane and Laura were soundly sleeping within minutes...
I on the other hand was pacing the floor, mumbling to myself, worrying about shorts/tights, one layer/two...and other Heather pre-race antics that everyone knows and loves!
It was lovely behavior, especially since it didn't do anything to calm Wendy's first time half marathon nerves.
By the way, I did eventually fall asleep, pick an outfit and use the restroom 3 or 10 times...I lost count.
And we all ended up running a great race.
Even Wendy, who I worried by my silliness ran faster than her goal!


If you haven't had a chance to join us at the Shamrock...
plan on it next year!








No comments: